$350 million for a new, consolidated Canada Student Grant Program reaching 245,000 college and undergraduate students in the fall of 2009, and rising to $430 million by 2012–13.
- $123 million over four years to streamline and modernize the Canada Student Loans Program.
- Enhanced flexibility for Registered Education Savings Plans, increasing the time limits they may remain open to 35 years from 25 years.
- $25 million over two years to establish a new scholarship award for top Canadian and international doctoral students, dedicated to the memory of former Governor General Georges Vanier.
- $3 million over two years for Canadian recipients of Canada Graduate Scholarships who wish to study abroad.
- $21 million over two years to establish up to 20 Canada Global Excellence Research Chairs to strengthen the ability of Canadian institutions to attract and retain top science leaders.
- $20 million to the Gairdner Foundation to enhance the Canada Gairdner International Awards for exceptional achievement in health research.
- $22 million over the next two years, growing to $37 million per year, towards a modern competitive immigration system with faster processing of permanent resident applications and shorter wait times.
- $60 million per year to fully exempt the first $3,500 of earned income from the Guaranteed Income Supplement calculation to support seniors.