$80 million per year to Canada’s three university research granting councils in support of industrial innovation, health priorities, and social and economic development in the North.
- $140 million for Genome Canada to ensure Canada remains at the forefront of genomics research.
- $250 million over five years to support the Automotive Innovation Fund for strategic, large-scale research and development projects by the automotive sector in developing innovative, greener and more fuel-efficient vehicles.
- Enhanced Export Development Canada guarantee programs to support the automotive and manufacturing sectors.
Investing in Communities and Traditional Industries With:
- $90 million to extend the Targeted Initiative for Older Workers to 2012.
- A further $1 billion in support for Canada’s manufacturing sector with an additional three years of accelerated capital cost allowance treatment for new investment in machinery and equipment.
- $72 million over two years for farm programs and to improve access to $3.3 billion in cash advances.
- $22 million over two years to streamline and improve the environmental regulation of aquaculture.
This new assistance is above and beyond the $1-billion Community Development Trust announced in January of this year.